Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd. announced the launching of an optimized chain of audio innovations and software designed to deliver superior sound. The Qualcomm® Snapdragon Sound™ technology would provide seamless and immersive audio across devices including smartphones, wireless earbuds, and headsets.
Alongside this, Amazon Music and Qualcomm Technologies made a curated Snapdragon Sound playlist to maximize the impressive quality of Snapdragon Sound.
“By focusing end-to-end, we are looking to deliver innovations to solve common consumer pain-points across virtually all audio interaction points,” said James Chapman, vice president and general manager, Voice, Music and Wearables, Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd.
With Qualcomm’s system-level approach, they want to achieve the vision of delivering high-resolution, wired quality audio, wirelessly by combining multiple technologies and the latest products from across mobile and audio platform portfolios.
By optimizing interactions between Qualcomm technology stacks, Snapdragon Sound is supporting high-resolution 24-bit 96kHz audio, ultra-low latency, improved pairing, and crystal-clear voice quality. To solve end-to-end latency challenges, Snapdragon Sound can support Bluetooth latencies as low as 89 milliseconds for more immersive gaming and a better video watching experience.
For those who prefer listening directly from their mobiles, Snapdragon Sound incorporates the Qualcomm Aqstic™ DAC, designed to support formats of up to 384kHz 32-bit PCM and DSD with ultra-low THD+N.
The key components of Snapdragon Sound include:
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 8-series mobile platforms
- Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6900 mobile connectivity system
- Qualcomm® QCC514x, QCC515x, and QCC3056 series Bluetooth Audio SoCs
- Qualcomm® Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) technology
- Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive(tm), 24-bit 96kHz and 89ms latency
- Qualcomm® aptX™ Voice super wideband voice
- Qualcomm Aqstic™ audio codec and smart speaker amplifier WCD938x and WSA883x)
- Qualcomm Audio and Voice Communication Suite
Snapdragon Sound is available to OEMs today and more information can be found onhttps://www.qualcomm.com/company/events/snapdragon-sound.